JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, May 01, 2017

Be my Rock of refuge, O Lord my God.

"As they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”  Then he fell to his knees and cried out in a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them”; and when he said this, he fell asleep."  (Acts 7: 59 - 60 NABRE).

This is how the first Christian martyr, St Stephen died.  He died exactly as Jesus died, forgiving his persecutors while still in agony.  Jesus promises unlimited Mercy to all who call on Him in trust.  But this is contingent on our being merciful to others.  The ABC OF MERCY. Yes!
A: Ask for Mercy.
B: Be Merciful.
C: Completely Trust Jesus for Mercy.
Yes. All 3 steps are essential.

"Into your hands I commend my spirit; you will redeem me, O LORD, O faithful God.
My trust is in the LORD;
I will rejoice and be glad of your mercy."  (Psalm 31: 6-8)

The more you trust Jesus for Mercy, the more you receive mercy.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2