JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

The Greatest Sign and Work of Jesus is the Church.

"Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father.  And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the  Son.  If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it."  (John 14: 12 - 14 NABRE).

Note that the condition to ask and receive is linked to "belief" and "works."   You believe in Jesus, the Only Son of the Father.  You become  active in working for God.  God sees your work for the Kingdom and God works for your interests. (Cf Matthew 6: 33 - 34).

St Maria Faustina, the mystic and the Apostle of Divine Mercy in her Diary records:  Jesus is sad because His children (us) do not ask for big gifts.  He wants us to come to Him and ask for the big items.  What are the big things? What does the Bible say?

"If you, then, being evil [that is, sinful by nature], know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask and continue to ask Him!”  (Luke 11: 13 AMP).

The Holy Spirit is the Mother of all gifts.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2