JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, August 11, 2017

I love You, O Lord, my strength.

"Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone!  Therefore, you shall love the Lord, your God, with your whole heart, and with your whole being, and with your whole strength.  (Deuteronomy 6: 4 - 5).

What does it mean to love the LORD with all your heart? Like you love your wife, children or friends with all your heart?
No. There is an important difference. Your wife or your husband can never claim to be the First Person in your life. He or she will be claiming to be God who has made that claim already for Himself. This is why the Church teaches that we worship and honor God with with a special level of worship called LATRIA. But for saints and angels, we honor them with DULIA. LATRIA WORSHIP Or ADORATION is reserved for God alone.

We love God with all our heart when we love Him above all things in heaven and on earth. We prefer Him to everything in heaven and on earth.  Always and Everywhere.

"I love you, O LORD, my strength,
O LORD, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer." (Psalm 18: 2 - 3).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2