JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, October 09, 2017

Be still and know that I am God.

"Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me.”  The Lord said to her in reply, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.”  (Luke 10: 40 - 42).

Jesus lays down this judgment: Between Martha and Mary, it is Mary who is smarter.  You may argue, but this is the word of God. Remember too that God says:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways—oracle of the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, my thoughts higher than your thoughts."  (Isaiah 55: 8 - 9).

Martha was so anxious to offer Jesus her renowned gift of hospitality that she missed the gift of the word of God which Jesus brought to her home. 🌿.
Allow God to bless you with His gifts.

"For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel:
By waiting and by calm you shall be saved, in quiet and in trust shall be your strength.
But this you did not will."  (Isaiah 30: 15)

“Lord, Lord, King and Ruler of all, everything is in your power, and there is no one to oppose you when it is your will to save Israel.  You made heaven and earth and every wonderful thing under heaven.  You are Lord of all, and there is no one who can resist you, the Lord.  You know all things."  (Esther 4: 2 - 5)

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2