JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, September 24, 2018

Mary My Mom hears the word of God and keeps it.

“Your mother and your brothers are standing outside and they wish to see you.”  Jesus said to them in reply, “My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and act on it.”  (Luke 8: 20 - 21).

Did Mary and the brethren of Jesus make a mistake in visiting Jesus at work? Be that as it may, Jesus seizes the opportunity to point to His mother Mary as a model of a servant of God who hears the word of God and observes it. (Cf Luke 11: 28).

Mary heard the proposal to become the mother of the Redeemer and replied at once:
"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May your word to me be fulfilled." (Luke 1: 38).

The word of God says: 
"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37: 4).
Mary replies:  "How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior." 
(Luke 1: 47).  Jesus made Mary Mother, Teacher and Queen.

Simeon the old Prophet says to Mary:  "A sword will pierce your very soul." (Luke 2: 35).  Mary bowed her head in acceptance and complete surrender to the will of God.
At the foot of the Cross where Mary stood still like a statue, she heard Jesus moan:  "Where is my mother?"  Mary groaned in silence accepting the immolation of her Son and offering Him to the Eternal Father.

At every moment of Mary's life, we see a woman who lives by this word of God:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence do not rely; In all your ways be mindful of God, and he will make straight your paths." 
(Proverbs 3: 5).

No wonder all generations continue to call Mary blessed. (Luke 1: 48).
The promise of Jesus is still true for you and for me:
“My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and act on it.”
(Luke 8: 21).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2