JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, February 18, 2019

Do you still not understand?

“Why do you conclude that it is because you have no bread? Do you not yet understand or comprehend? Are your hearts hardened? Do you have eyes and not see, ears and not hear? And do you not remember?...... “Do you still not understand?” (Mark 8: 17 - 18, 21).

How much spiritual things do you understand? Jesus laments the dullness of heart of His disciples. When he was trying to teach them to be on guard against the pernicious teachings of the Pharisees and the religious teachers, their minds turn to familiar things - bread and food simply because Jesus mentioned "leaven of the Pharisees and Herod." Are we not like the disciples?

We are grateful for this incident because Jesus used it as a teaching moment to coach us on the importance of understanding, remembering and having an open mind and heart if we are to grow in religious truth.

"Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18: 3).

St Therese of the Child Jesus, the Little Flower understood and remembered the little things. She delighted the Heart of Jesus so much that Jesus taught her the mysteries of the Kingdom of God and made her a Doctor of the Church. St Therese continues her ministry of teacher of little things and missionary from heaven.

"The Advocate, the holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name—he will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you." (John 14: 26).

This promise of Jesus is the ground for my hope when it comes to understanding and remembering the teachings of Jesus. How does this work? I ask the Holy Spirit to give me understanding and bring to my memory the wonderful things God has done for me.
I resolve never to forget "my ancient landmarks." (Proverbs 22: 28). I keep a journal.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2