JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, February 03, 2020

My son Absalom, ho ho ho ho!


"The king was shaken, and went up to the room over the city gate and wept. He said as he wept, “My son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom! If only I had died instead of you, Absalom, my son, my son!” (2 Samuel 19: 1).

Tuesday 4th February 2020 in the 4th Week in Ordinary Time.

David was crowned in Hebron at the age 30 and reigned in Jerusalem for 33 years. For the past couple of weeks, we have been studying the profile of King David. David is a most worthy subject of study because God calls David "a man after my heart", champion and promises a dynasty to David from where Jesus Christ the everlasting King will come from. Not surprisingly, David emerges to be the most lofty personage in the Bible after Jesus the Christ. What are the qualities that catapulted David to numero #1?
Enter COMPASSION. Compassion is Mercy, the attribute that makes us divine. God is Mercy and Mercy is God.

David mourns tenderly for Absalom whom the court of public opinion says deserves to die. From the Cross, Jesus Christ prays: "Father forgive them for they know not what they have done." He goes on to forgive the repentant thief: "This day, you shall be with me in paradise."

Jesus Christ, Son of David is the Face of the Mercy of God. God made the threshold of mercy so low that it is ridiculous not to reach up and grasp it. It is the ABC of Mercy:
A: ASK FOR MERCY.
B: BE MERCIFUL.
C: COMPLETELY TRUST JESUS FOR MERCY.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2