JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, February 08, 2020

What type of light am I?


"You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house." (Matthew 5: 14 - 15).

Sunday February 9, 2020 in the 5th Week in Ordinary Time. You may call this Sunday the Light Sunday. There are 12 mentions of Light in the liturgical texts. A strong message.

Christ Jesus says to me this Sunday: Emmanuel, you are the light of the world. Jesus leaves me to figure out what this means for me as a lay person in the Church. I find that the synonyms of light are:
Illumination, brightness, brilliance, glow, dazzle, sunlight, etc.

Consider light as a means. What is the end? The glory of God. Just as the Cross is a means and the end is the glory of Jesus Christ.

How can I shine for Jesus in "my world?" How can I glorify Jesus? What words of Jesus are continually tugging at my heart?

#1 "Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added to you" (Matthew 6: 33).
The world is in the dark about this great design and promise. I will shine this light everywhere because I know it is true.

#2 "You are the light of the world." (Matthew 5: 14).
God's word  teaches that the "Will of God" is the key to our peace, success and prosperity. This is my light. I share and shine this light by urging my friends and everyone to: "Pray to accept God's gracious and mysterious will always, everywhere in everything."

Below is what the Church teaches on how lay people can fulfill their mission as the salt and the light of the world:

"They exercise the apostolate in fact by their activity directed to the evangelization and sanctification of men and to the penetrating and perfecting of the temporal order through the spirit of the Gospel. In this way, their temporal activity openly bears witness to Christ and promotes the salvation of men. Since the laity, in accordance with their state of life, live in the midst of the world and its concerns, they are called by God to exercise their apostolate in the world like leaven, with the ardor of the spirit of Christ." (Apostolate of the Laity, Apostolicam Actuositatem).

Frequent Holy Communion and Sacrament of Reconciliation are indispensable tools.
" The sacraments, especially the most Holy Eucharist, communicate and nourish that charity which is the soul of the entire apostolate." (... Apostolate of the Laity).

How do you respond to the summons of our Lord Jesus Christ to New Evangelization?

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2