JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, September 20, 2020

The Feast of St Matthew the Apostle and Evangelist.

 "Jesus... saw a man named Matthew sitting at the customs post. He said to him, “Follow me.” And he got up and followed him." (Matthew 9: 9).

Monday 21st September 2020, 25th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Matthew the Apostle. Jewish. Evangelist. Author of the Gospel according to St Matthew. Died a martyr.

A man called Matthew was called by Jesus to follow Him. The man left everything: job, money, house and property and friends and followed the stranger called Jesus. Matthew was not a saint when Jesus called him. But Jesus did not come to call saints. He called Paul who describes his calling thus:

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.  Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus." (1 Timothy 1: 12 - 14).

Jesus delights in sinners because sinners give Him the opportunity to show off His mercy. Why did Jesus institute the Sacred Heart of Jesus Devotion? The Divine Mercy Devotion? Mercy may well be the last covenant with mankind.

For Prayer to Abba Father to check out your life Purpose: the Choice, the Call and the Anointing, click on the link below:

http://seekfirstcommunity.com/2020/09/abba-father.html?m=1

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2