JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, April 19, 2021

Jesus promises to help us deal with all the stuff that we don't need.

"So they said to Jesus, “Sir, give us this bread always.”  Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst." (John 6: 34 - 35).

Tuesday, 20th April 2021, in the 3rd Week of Easter.

Today's Gospel is part of the famous John Chapter 6 Bread of life proclamation. Jesus declared here: “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst." For 1500 years until the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century, the Church has always believed these words of Jesus to be true and to be taken literally. They are not metaphors.
Go to Jesus in the Holy Eucharist and you will never hunger and thirst for material perishable stuff.

What infatuate the citizens of the world? Prestigious jobs, expensive cars, big homes with big TVs, overflowing and expensive wardrobes, etc. How do we get and enjoy this promise of Christ? Paul teaches us:

"Stop imitating the ideals and opinions of the culture around you, but be inwardly transformed by the Holy Spirit through a total reformation of how you think. This will empower you to discern God’s will as you live a beautiful life, satisfying and perfect in his eyes." (Romans 12: 2  TPT).

“I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst."

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2