JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, April 24, 2021

I Jesus am your only Good Shepherd.

"I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me,  just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I will lay down my life for the sheep."  (John 10: 14 - 15).

Sunday 25th April 2021, in the 4th Week in Easter.

Jesus declares in the Gospel today that He alone is our Good Shepherd. He recognizes us His sheep and we recognize Him as our only Good Shepherd. Our experience has thought us that there are false shepherds. As it is said, they just want your votes. Once they get it, they bid you bye-bye. Not so our Good Shepherd. He is the Lamb who is also a Shepherd.

What does a Good Shepherd do?
He feeds His flock and leads them to rest when they are tired. He rescues us from vicious beasts, from hurricanes and flood.

Now that we know how tenderly our Good Shepherd knows, loves and cares for us ("Just as the Father knows me and I know the Father"), how do we respond to this revelation? A good example to cite here is St Mary Magdalene.

Mary has a heart that returns love for love. She never forgets a favor done to her. Jesus and His disciples received no salary, stipends or gifts for their ministry. How did they survive? Mary of Magdala headed a group of women who supplied the needs of Jesus and the disciples from their resources.
Mary Magdalene stood with the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Apostle John under the Cross and witnessed the agony of the Crucified from the very beginning to the end. Love never forgets a kindness.

Let us remember that our Good Shepherd loves us with a human heart made of flesh and blood. He is thirsting for love like every human being. This is the whole message and meaning of the Sacred Heart of Jesus devotion.

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2