JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

EAT MY FLESH AND YOU SHALL LIVE FOREVER.

I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE. 

"Jesus said to the crowds,

“I am the bread of life; who­ever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.

"But I told you that although you have seen me, you do not believe.

"Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

"And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. 

"For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day.” (John 6: 35 - 40).

Wednesday 17th April 2024 in the 3rd Week in the Easter Season. 

Jesus continues the BREAD of LIFE DISCOURSE. 

"I am the bread of life; who­ever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst."

The Eucharist is the soul, center and summit of the life of the Church. This is why the Church offers us the whole Month of April to reflect on this great mystery and deepen our knowledge and love of this great Sacrament. 

I can say without fear of contradiction that all the saints in the Roman Calendar are Eucharistic Saints. They could never be Saints without the Eucharist. Here is what a sample of the Saints say about the Holy Eucharist. 

1.     “In an ever-changing world the Holy Eucharist is a constant reminder of the great reality of God’s changeless love.” – Saint Teresa of Avila 

 2.    “Holy Communion is the most efficacious means of uniting one’s self to God.” – Saint Paul of the Cross  

3.     “The Holy Eucharist is the perfect expression of the love of Jesus Christ for man.” – Saint Maria Goretti

4.     “The Eucharist is a fire that inflames us, that, like lions breathing fire, we may retire from the altar being made terrible to the devil.” – Saint John Chrysostom

5.     “This is the bread of everlasting life which supports the substance of our souls.” – Saint Ambrose

6.     “The Eucharist is the supreme proof of the love of Jesus. After this, there is nothing more but Heaven itself.” – Saint Peter Julian Eymard

THE HOLY EUCHARIST MAKES THE CHURCH. 

Honor the HOLY EUCHARIST in APRIL. 

For Teachings, Prayers and Prayer intentions click the link:

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2024/03/the-holy-eucharist_31.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2