JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, April 20, 2024

A SHEEP NEEDS A GOOD SHEPHERD.


THE LORD IS MY GOOD SHEPHERD. 

"Jesus said: “I am the good shepherd. A good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

"A hired man, who is not a shepherd and whose sheep are not his own, sees a wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away, and the wolf catches and scatters them.

"This is because he works for pay and has no concern for the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father;

"and I will lay down my life for the sheep.

"I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead, and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd.

"This is why the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own. I have power to lay it down, and power to take it up again. This command I have received from my Father.” (John 10: 11 - 18).

Sunday 21st April 2024 in the 4th Week in the Easter Season.

My brethren, a sheep needs a shepherd. Jesus says that He is not just our shepherd but He is a Good Shepherd.

What does a shepherd do for the helpless dependent sheep?

1. He leads them to a safe and rich pasture where they can graze in safety.

2. After grazing, he leads them to a cool shade where they rest and sleep.

3. All the time, he protects them from wolves which prowl and are a constant danger to the sheep.

Jesus Christ our Good Shepherd does all the above for us.

The Holy Eucharist is the rich and safe pasture which Jesus has prepared for us. 

The Most Holy Name of Jesus is a bulwark of protection from attacks from any wolf .

When we are injured by the attacks of the wolf, we have the Sacrament of Reconciliation to nurse us and bring us to good health.

THE EUCHARIST IS THE IS THE PASTURE THE GOOD SHEPHERD PROVIDES FOR HIS SHEEP. 

The Church learns more and honors the HOLY EUCHARIST in APRIL. 

For Teachings, Prayers and Prayer intentions click the link:

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2024/03/the-holy-eucharist_31.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2