JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

FEAST OF ST FIDELIS OF SIGMARINGEN, OFM. PRIEST AND MARTYR.

ST FIDELIS OF SIGMARINGEN, OFM.  

"Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the one who sent me, and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me.

"I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness.

"And if anyone hears my words and does not observe them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world.

[Don't rush to criticize, complain or condemn]. 

"Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words has something to judge him: the word that I spoke, it will condemn him on the last day, because I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and speak. And I know that his commandment is eternal life. So what I say, I say as the Father told me.” (John 12: 44 - 50).

Wednesday April 24th 2024 in the 4th Week in the Easter Season is the feast of St Fidelis of Sigmaringen, OFM.

 

St Fidelis of Sigmaringen (1577 - 1622), Priest and Martyr. Born in Germany, he achieved fame as Evangelist and Catechist in Switzerland where he was martyred for the faith.

Here is our chosen text for reflection today:

"I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness." 

Why is there so much darkness in the world today? 

Because of lack of faith. 

Jesus is the true light of the world. He shines light on God's purpose for the world. This includes God's purpose for every person and everything in the world. 

Unbelief in Jesus produces confusions like gender ideology, abortion, war, materialism, euthanasia, emotional instability and so forth. 

Our saint of today, St Fidelis of Sigmaringen, OFM believed that Jesus Christ is the light of the world. This belief drove him to Switzerland to share this light. The Swiss rejected the Light at that time and he was martyred. 

"There is no measure for the effectiveness of Holy Communion for our souls. Communion is for the spiritual world what is food for the natural world. As fleshly food renews our nature, so does the Divine Food, which renews and purifies our nature to make it consistent and joined with him." (Blessed Honoratus († 1916) OFM Cap. 

THE EUCHARIST IS THE PRECIOUS BODY AND BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST. 

The Church honors the HOLY EUCHARIST in APRIL. 

For Teachings, Prayers and Prayer intentions click the link:

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2024/03/the-holy-eucharist_31.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2