JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Approach the Throne of Grace with Confidence

Approach the Throne of Grace with Confidence

“A leper came to him and pleaded on his knees:  ‘if you want to’ he said ‘you can cure me.’  Feeling sorry for him, Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him.  ‘Of course I want to!’ he said.  ‘Be cured!’  And the leprosy left him at once and he was cured.”  (Mark 1: 40 – 42)

Scripture teaches and encourages us.  I see here a humble leper who did not appear confident that he deserved anything from Jesus.  But Christ’s words were most reassuring.  “Of course I want to!”  It teaches me that nobody has a monopoly over God’s benevolence.  We are all his children.  It also reminds me of the text that urges us to approach God’s throne of grace with faith and confidence.  The leper has faith but little confidence.

I know that God can do anything for me.  I believe that he can heal and change circumstances this very moment.  Do I have the confidence that if I ask him, he will do it?  Lord Jesus, all I can say truthfully is that I am growing in this confidence as I know you better everyday.  Lord, increase my faith and my confidence in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2