JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Bridegroom

The Bridegroom

“Surely the bridegroom’s attendants would never think of fasting while the bridegroom is still with them?  As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they could not think of fasting.” (Mark 2: 19)

Jesus defends his disciples from the attacks of the Pharisees.  I recall how he is concerned for their welfare.  “Come, let us go to a quiet place and get some rest”; “Come and have breakfast”; “Peace be with you”.  It is obvious that Jesus cares very much for the men he has chosen to be with him.

How about me?  I believe that Christ has called me to a life of friendship and companionship with him.  He wants me to trust him completely with all my cares, my desires and my plans.  He promises to take care of them for me.  Lord Jesus, I feel delighted by this inspiration and I thank you for it.  I know I can trust you.  Thank you for my faith.  I have made up my mind to trust you completely with the Enterprise.  I let go and let you, dearest Jesus.  Fill me with faith in your guidance.  Teach me how to grow through this unique opportunity.  In all things, let me know your will and give me the courage to do it.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2