JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The buried the Man

The buried the Man

“They took the body of Jesus and wrapped it with the spices in linen clothes, following the Jewish burial custom. At the place where he had been crucified there was a garden, and in this garden a new tomb in which no one had yet been buried. Since it was the Jewish Day of Preparation and the tomb was near at hand, they laid Jesus there.” (John 19: 40-42)

The dead man, “wrapped with spices in linen cloths” is Jesus, the Son of God, my Savior and my Redeemer. O Lord Jesus Christ, why does your death and burial leave me cold? I simply do not feel any emotions. I just accept the cold facts. Lord, what are you saying to me in this incident? What are the lessons?

Jesus Christ truly died and was buried. But I have never doubted that he died. Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus came to help with his burial. Jesus was buried in a new tomb. Even in death, the Father’s providence is still watching over his son.

Jesus died and was buried. “Some devout men buried Stephen.” (Acts 8:2) The death and burial of Jesus Christ was significant because it was the death and burial that changed forever the meaning of death and burial. Joseph of Arimathea, Nicodemus and others at the scene could not have known this at the time. But I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2