JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Writing and Publishing

Writing and Publishing

“As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied grace.  Whoever preaches, let it be with the words of God; whoever serves, let it be with the strength that God supplies, so that in all things God may be gloried through Jesus Christ, to whom belong glory and dominion forever and ever.  Amen.”
(1Peter 4: 10 – 11)

What are my natural talents, my natural gifts from our loving Father?  Each human being is given a gift by God at the moment of his creation.  The gift is for the service of God and one another.  What are my own gifts?  What do I like to do?  Where do I feel at home?

When I tried to grapple with these questions in 1996, I wrote the following:
“I feel very much at home in the Church and in the library.  Today, I feel strongly that my mission, my purpose in life is to learn and to communicate.  I feel a deep desire within me to learn the truth and to communicate same.  I know that the truth for me is no longer an idea but a person.  That person is Jesus Christ, the alpha and omega.  In order to accomplish my life purpose, I feel deep attraction to two kin institutions:  the Church and the library.  Both are sources of knowledge that leads to the truth.  I feel also a desire to write and to publish.  Publishing can mean promoting an idea, proclaiming the truth via a specific medium.  My special medium as I see it today is the written word.

If my mission in life is to learn and then communicate via writing and publishing, then help me God.  If this enterprise is from you, then it is accomplished. (Acts 5:38)  My good Shepherd promises to provide everything I need to full my life’s purpose. (Psalm 23)”

I have had the desire to write and publish since I was about 12.   In 1996, when I started using the Internet, it was a text based medium in black and white.  Then it was mainly used to read news and had limited email application.  In 2006, it has developed into a full blown powerful medium.  I could never have imagined that this medium that had mustard seed character was to grow to become a huge tree.  Many and varied birds are dwelling on its braches.  I want to attach myself to a strong branch in this web.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2