JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ask and keep Asking

Ask and Keep Asking

“Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; anyone who searches finds; everyone who knocks will have the door opened. What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, would hand him a snake? If you then, evil as you are, know how to give your children what is good, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.” (Luke 11: 9-13)

I recall the event of 060195. I desired strongly for the Holy Spirit. At the end of nine day novena, I knelt down at 11 am and pleaded for the Holy Spirit. God answered my prayer. The event of 060195 at 11.26 am changed my life completely. That event still drives my life. My personal experience confirms Christ’s words in Luke 11: 9 – 13.

Solomon had a similar experience:

“So give your servant a heart to understand how to govern your people, how to discern between good and evil, for how could one otherwise govern such a great people as yours?’ It pleased Yahweh that Solomon should have asked for this. ‘Since you have asked for this,’ God said, ‘and not asked for long life for yourself or riches or the lives of your enemies but have asked for a discerning judgment for yourself, here and now I do what you ask. I give you a heart wise and shrewd as no one has had before and none will have after you….” (1 Kings 3: 9 – 12)

Solomon asked for wisdom and it pleased God. He did not ask for long life, riches or power. Some prayers are more pleasing to God than others. Prayers that ask for spiritual favors are absolutely certain to be answered. Christ taught “how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.” Ask for anything that is good for you and God will give it to you. Ask for the Holy Spirit and you shall receive it at once.

What am I asking for today?

· Deep faith

· Patience

· Wisdom

· Humility

I ask also for strong desire to see God’s will accomplished in every detail of my life. Luke 11: 9 – 13 and 1 Kings 3: 9 – 12 are a big encouragement to all who ask.

Ask and keep asking; seek and keep seeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2