JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Calling and Mission

"No one can have anything except what is given him from heaven. You yourselves can bear me out, I said, 'I am not the Christ; I am the one who has been sent to go in front of him." (John 3: 27 – 28)

Every calling and mission comes from God. John like other great men of God was profoundly aware of his mission and calling. Am I growing in awareness of my calling and mission?

I believe that Christ has called me again to be his friend and companion. His gift to me is his friendship and he wants me to communicate my experience of him to others. Who are these "others?" I am not sent to everybody. Jesus will lead and guide me to those he wants me to minister to. I understand this concept of target group from my marketing background.

"He must grow greater, I must grow less." (John 3: 30)

If I am to succeed in my calling and my mission, Jesus must grow greater in my life everyday and I must grow lesser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2