JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Jesus as personal Savior

"Sir, if you are willing you can cleanse me.' He stretched out his hand, and touched him saying, 'I am willing.' At once the skin disease left him." (Luke 5: 12 – 13)

With this healing, this former leper now experiences Jesus as a personal Savior. Jesus healed him from a terrible disease and rescued him from being a social outcast. To heal him, Jesus touched him. Scripture asks the question: "Who can overcome the world but the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 John 5: 5) How can one believe in Jesus without knowing him? This former leper can surely overcome the world based on his new found faith in Jesus. An experience of salvation in any form is an experience of the saving Jesus.

Do I know Jesus as my personal Savior? I too have experienced the saving power of Jesus in these areas of my life:

Sin, health, family, money, job, tobacco, alcohol and anger.

"Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem: For he has strengthened the bars of your gates." (Psalm 147: 12 – 13)

Having saved me from many problems, the Lord did not abandon me. Through his word, sacraments, prayers and spiritual reading, the Lord continually strengthens the bars of my gates. He has granted me peace in these former warring areas of my life. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2