JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Awesome Promises for Lent

"Then you will cry for help and Yahweh will answer; you will call and he will say, 'I am here.'"(Isaiah 58:9)

I call the whole of Isaiah 58, the covenant statement for Lent.

God promises: If you truly turn to me with all your heart during this Lent, ask and I will give you anything. But first of all, listen to what I am asking of you:

  • Do away with the yoke
  • Do away with clenched fist
  • Do away with malicious words
  • Deprive yourself for the hungry
  • Satisfy the needs of the afflicted

Now listen to my promises to you:

  1. Your light will shine in the darkness
  2. I will always guide you
  3. I will satisfy your needs in the scorched land
  4. I will give strength to your bones
  5. You will be like a watered garden:
  6. Like flowing spring whose waters never run dry
  7. Your ruins will be rebuilt
  8. You will build on age-old foundations
  9. You will be called 'Breach-mender'
  10. Restorer of streets to be lived in

Wow! Very powerful message for Lent.

Lord God, your promises are awesome and they delight my heart. I believe every one of them. Help me to live according to your word so that I can enjoy these promises.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2