JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Emmanuel 2

"Yahweh your God is there with you, the warrior-savior. He will rejoice over you with happy song, as on a day of festival. I have taken away your misfortune, no longer need you bear the disgrace of it." (Zephaniah 3: 17)

This is a happy prophecy. I rejoice whenever I see the promise of "God is with you." I respond: "If God is with me, then it is accomplished." All is well if God is with me; all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

In the Old Testament, one of the greatest blessings comes from the promise "God is with you." The incarnation of this promise is the very person of Jesus Christ, who is Emmanuel, "God with us." Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is the one who stands at the door and knocks. He has promised to be with anybody who opens the door for Him and welcomes Him into His house.

Lord Jesus, come in! The house is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2