JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

You shall enjoy the fruits of your labor


"Blessed are all who fear the LORD,
and who walk in his ways.
What your hands provide you will enjoy;
you will be blessed and prosper."  (Psalm 128: 1-2)

This is the Entrance Antiphon for the feast of St. Joseph the Worker which is celebrated today, May 1.  Note the promise: your shall enjoy the fruits of your labor and it shall be well with you.  But don't forget the condition or the path to this blessing: Fear the Lord and walk in his ways.

When I read the above scripture this morning, I asked myself:  Can I honestly say that I enjoy the fruits of my labor and that all is well with me?  My initial reaction is to say no.  How can I say that I enjoy the fruits of my labor when it appears that I need money more often than not?  Then I remembered this scripture:

"But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness,* and all these things will be given you besides.
Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil."  (Matthew 6: 33 - 34)

These are the very words of Jesus.  They are true.  As long as I seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, I should have absolutely no doubts that all that I need here and now is mine and that I enjoy what my hands provide.  Then I remember too this scripture:

"The LORD is my shepherd;
there is nothing I lack.
In green pastures he makes me lie down;
to still waters he leads me;
he restores my soul.
He guides me along right paths
for the sake of his name."  (Psalm 23: 1-3)

Lord Jesus, I know your words are true.  I know too that you have been good to me.  Help me to see clearly your design for me with regard to provisions of my needs.  Give me the grace to embrace your plan so that I can feel that I enjoy the fruits of my labor and that all is well with me.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2