JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, May 04, 2020

But you do not believe..


"The works I do in my Father’s name testify to me.  But you do not believe, because you are not among my sheep." (John 10: 25 - 26).

Tuesday 5th April 2020, 4th Week in the Easter Season.

Our key Scripture deals with the ugly and stubborn sin of Unbelief. Throughout Scripture, Unbelief has riled God. The Israelites witnessed a series of tremendous display of power that led to their deliverance  from Egypt. They were stunned and incredulous when they marched through the Red Sea. They drank clean water from the rock. They were fed of manna. Yet, they never believed or trusted God.

Jesus Christ came and performed all the miracles foretold by the prophets. The people saw all these and did not believe or trusted Jesus. We know why they did not believe. "They are not among my sheep."
Brethren, be careful so that Unbelief does not deprive you of your eternal inheritance. "For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul."

How do you detect the festering sin of Unbelief?

#1 Is your heart cool to the word of God? "Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ." (St Jerome).
#2 Are you scornful of the Sacraments?
#3 Do you prefer to listen to how science can extend life so that man lives for 300 years instead of the promise of Eternal life?
#4 Do you consider the Second coming of Jesus Christ a myth for fools?

"The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice, says the Lord, I know them and they follow me." (John 10: 27).

“Blessed is the man who does not lose faith in me” (Matthew 11:6).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2