JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, May 07, 2020

Why are your hearts troubled?


“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me.  In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?" (John 14: 1 - 2).

Friday May 8th 2020, 4th Week in the Easter Season.

Our Gospel pick for today is from the Last Souper Discourses. Remember that this is the fireside tête à tête that Jesus had with the Apostles the night before He was crucified.

Today, the hearts of Christians are troubled like the Apostles before the clear and present dangers of the pandemics. For us and the Apostles, we are entering uncharted waters. Now Jesus knows about how they and us feel. He says to us:
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me."

From the chattering boxes, what do we know about what Christians are afraid of today?
#1 Dying.
#2 Financial loss.
#3 Job loss.

Not much evidence about fears, worries and doubts about their eternal destiny. Yet this is a marvelous opportunity to preach the Good News of the Resurrection of Jesus and what it means for us.

"In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?" (John 14: 1 - 2).

Believe. Stop doubting!

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2