JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, May 08, 2020

You now know the Father.


"If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” (John 14: 7).

Saturday 9th May 2020, 4th Week in the Easter Season.

Jesus continues this intimate and profound conversation with His chosen friends in the Last Supper Discourses the night before His death. You may call this the Last Testament.

Jesus stated categorically: "If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” From what we learned from St Augustine and St Anselm of the nature of faith, my response to the Lord Jesus is: "Amen Lord. I know the Father and I have seen Him."
Our great teachers of faith tell us that we believe so that we can understand. We understand in order to believe more. Although I see myself as a poor man, if the Lord Jesus says to me: You are a billionaire. My response will be: "Yes, Lord Jesus. I am a billionaire." Is this what our Sister, Mary did? "Let it be done to me according to Your word." And it was done.

Jesus revealed a lot about the Father in this segment of the Last Supper Discourses but brothers and sisters note how He ended it today:

"And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." (John 14: 13 - 14).
The Father is glorified when He grants us favors in Jesus name.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2