JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, May 05, 2020

I am the Light of the world.


"I am the light of the world, says the Lord; anyone who follows me will have the light of life." (John 8: 12 Gospel Acclamation).

Wednesday 6th May 2020, 4th Week in the Easter Season.

Today Jesus speaks of Light and says bluntly that He is the Light of the world. In the city where I live, we have enjoyed almost three weeks of blasting sunrise since Easter Sunday, April 12. I step out in the driveway in the morning with my dark glasses to gaze on the sunrise. It reminds me of the Transfiguration. But later I came to see the only sun in the world as a strong symbol of Jesus the only Unique Son of the Father.

What does it mean that Jesus is the light of the world. The contrast between light and darkness comes to mind. We also know about:
Light and the Holy Spirit.
Light and illumination.
Light and truth.
Light and knowledge.

As for darkness, we know about darkness and sin; darkness and unbelief.

When the Franciscans arrived in Aztec country in the 16th century, human sacrifice was rampant. Decades after, it was wiped out and replaced by the the Sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving to the living God. This has been the inevitable outcome of the the light of Christ all over the world from the beginning of Christianity.
Slavery, ignorance, disease and poverty have been abolished in many parts of the world. The battle for a healthy environment is on and will succumb to the light of Christ shortly.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear?" (Psalm 27: 1).

You fear nothing and nobody only if the Lord is your light and your salvation. Go for light!

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2