JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, January 03, 2021

The Feast of the Educator, St Elizabeth Ann Seton.

"Beloved: We receive from him whatever we ask, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. And his commandment is this: we should believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another just as he commanded us." (1 John 3: 22 - 23).

Monday 4th January 2021, in the Season of Christmas is the feast of St Elizabeth Ann Seton (1774 - 1821). American. Wife, mother, religious, educator and founder of the Sisters of Charity. Elizabeth founded the first Catholic School in America for girls. She is the first native born American to be canonized saint. St Elizabeth Ann Seton is the patron saint of educators and widows.

Our key Scripture for today reinforces my deep trust in Prayer.
I believe in Prayer.
I believe in the word of God.
I believe in Miracle.
I leave the rest to God.

God promises us:
"We receive from him whatever we ask, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him."

My God, I desire to receive from You all the good things in life You have for me. If the price is doing what pleases You and keeping Your commandments, I am for it. Give me Your grace and mercy for I cannot live without them.

In the Gospel for today, Jesus in His very first preaching urges us: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 4: 17).
Lord Jesus, I believe in Your promise on prayer. Give Your brothers and sisters the grace of repentance and constancy in Your service. Amen.

St Elizabeth Ann Seton lived the evangelical virtues of chastity, obedience and poverty until her death at the age of 46.
St Elizabeth Ann Seton pray for us.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2