JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, January 08, 2021

Jesus must increase. I must decrease.

"He [Jesus] must increase; I must decrease." (John 3: 30).

Saturday 9th January 2021, last day in the Season of Christmas.

In the fullness of time, Jesus left Nazareth and after part-hiking and part walking, He got to the River Jordan and was baptized by John the Baptist. Later John was asked about Jesus:  “Rabbi, the one who was with you across the Jordan, to whom you testified, here he is baptizing and everyone is coming to him.” (John 3: 20). Then John added this thought provoking words:
"He must increase; I must decrease."  John is saying: Jesus is the Messiah. I am only the messenger. No hint of jealousy from John. Compare this attitude to what we know of clerical jealousy in the Church. John knew that the Bridegroom is the star and therefore deserves the place of honor.

Where must Jesus increase in your life? Where must you decrease? Do you struggle with pride and envy? We have a perfect answer in the first Reading:
"We have this confidence in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, we know that what we have asked him for is ours." (1 John 5: 14 - 15).

Through prayers, I have gotten every good thing in my life. This is why I affirm:
+ I believe in Prayer.
+ I believe in the word of God.
+ I believe in Miracle.
+ I surrender everything to God's time and ways.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2