JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, January 07, 2021

If you wish, you can make me clean.

"When he [the leper] saw Jesus, he fell prostrate, pleaded with him, and said, “Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean.” Jesus stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, “I do will it. Be made clean.” And the leprosy left him immediately." (Luke 5: 12 - 13)

Friday 8th January 2021, in the Season of Christmas.

In our Gospel Reading today, we learn of a man "full of leprosy", a disease as dreaded in the days of Jesus as cancer is today. But there is one important difference. Cancer does not carry any social stigma as leprosy. The leper was driven out of the society, forbidden to mix with people and not allowed to take part in synagogue worship. Life was hell on earth for the leper. The leper in today's Gospel by an act of Providence heard about Jesus and His miracles. He tracked Jesus down. Consider how he won the heart of Jesus:

#1. He prostrated himself. Posture of prayer.
#2. He said to Jesus: "If you wish.." This could mean: I want to be healed badly but I respect your sovereignty.
#3. "You can make me clean." I know all things are possible for God.

"Jesus stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, “I do will it. Be made clean.” And the leprosy left him immediately."

Note the action of Jesus. He touched the leper, followed by these comforting words: “I do will it. Be made clean.”

What can we learn from this? Whatever problem you may have, whether it is equivalent of being "full of leprosy," approach Jesus with confidence and expectant faith. Jesus will help you. The healing of the leper is a testimony, an example to encourage us to have full faith in Jesus.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2