JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, May 10, 2024

ASK THE FATHER IN MY NAME AND YOU WILL RECEIVE.

ASK & YOU SHALL RECEIVE SO YOUR JOY WILL BE COMPLETE.

"Jesus said to his disciples: “Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.

"Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.

“I have told you this in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures but I will tell you clearly about the Father.

"On that day you will ask in my name, and I do not tell you that I will ask the Father for you. For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to believe that I came from God. I came from the Father and have come into the world. Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.” (John 16: 23 - 28).

Saturday May 11th 2024 in the 6th Week in the Easter Season. 

In today's Gospel, Jesus gave three assurances during the Last Supper Discourse that Prayers of Petition to the Father in the Name of Jesus is guaranteed to be answered. These assurances are listed below. 

1. "Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.

2. "Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.

3. "On that day you will ask in my name, and I do not tell you that I will ask the Father for you. For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to believe that I came from God.

Why does Jesus start this part of the Sermon on Prayer with "Amen, Amen"?

Why does Jesus repeat the same idea of "Ask the Father in My name and you are guaranteed to receive" three times?

Prayer is a vital necessity. No disciple of Jesus can survive without regular, persistent, faith-filled prayer. Prayer is to Christian life what engine oil is to the car. It lubricates the moving parts and makes the engine work smoothly.

The Pentecost Novena started after the Ascension in the Upper Room with the Blessed Virgin Mary present and all the Apostles. They prayed for nine days till the Descent of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost Sunday. Ask and you shall receive. The Community in the Upper Room asked the Father for the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus and received the Precious and Awesome Spirit.

The Church honors the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Month of May. 

Honor Mary through the Holy Rosary, Litany, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, Consecration to The Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pilgrimages, etc. 

For the Litany, 15 Promises of Mary, Consecration Prayer, etc and Prayer intentions click the link below:

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2024/04/may-devotion-to-mary.html?m=1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2