JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God



Scripture and religion teach us that there is a constant struggle in the world between the forces of good and evil.  If I am in any campaign or struggle, I will be interested in any shortcut to victory.   1 John 5: 4 caught my attention because it promises a silver bullet for any war.  That bullet is Faith.

What is faith?  In the very next verse, St. John the Evangelist defines faith:  Who [indeed] is the victor over the world but the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?”  (1 John 5: 5)

 In the Sacred Scriptures, there are many definitions of faith.  But 1 John 5: 5 appeals to me because of its simplicity.  I need a working definition of faith that I can use in battles.  I believe in Jesus Christ.  I believe that He is the Son of God.  I believe in His promise that if we ask, we shall receive; if we seek, we shall find; if we knock, the door will be opened to us.  Yes, I believe in prayer.  I believe in miracle.  I am learning today to leave the rest to God.  Once I exercise my faith through prayer, I surrender to God the outcome, the means and the timing of His answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2