JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, January 07, 2013

Unleashing the Power of the Holy Spirit


After dinner on this feast of the Epiphany, I watched Christian TV and 2 of the presentations touched on my major theme for 2013:  How to be filled with the Holy Spirit and His power.  Both Merritt and Lindsey talked about what I know already.  The new thing I learned is this:  Every morning, I am refilled with the HS during morning prayer.  My asking for the HS in prayer with faith unleashes this outpouring.  How do I activate this power?  There is no global activation.  It is a point to point activation.  An analogy with the credit card is appropriate here.  Because your credit card is good and activated does not mean that you walk into a store, pick an item and walk out with it.  You still have to go through the checkout and present that card.  In the analogy with the HS, presenting the card at checkout point is ASKING FOR THE HELP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AT THE POINT OF NEED.  This is done through prayer.  The  prayer need not be lengthy or complex.  A simple "Help me O Holy Spirit" is enough.

The other important thing I learned about the Holy Spirit activation is this:  After invoking the help of the HS in faith, Surrender the Outcome, the Means and the Timing of the Solution to the Holy Spirit.  We see here, a deeper exercise of faith.  This is the level I fail.  Sometimes, it is difficult to surrender the Outcome, the Means and the Timing of the Solution to God.

As I reflect on the above, I remembered a prayer I learned  during my Desert Experience:
I believe in Prayer
I believe in the word of God
I believe in Miracles
I leave the rest to God.

The fourth step - LEAVING THE REST TO GOD is the hardest.  Leaving the Rest to God means Surrendering the Outcome, the Means and the Timing to God.  If I can do this, this will represent a quantum leap in my spiritual development.  At this point in my spiritual journey, my only hope of making this leap is pure grace.  This  I know that God is on my side and that in the fullness of time, He will grant me this grace in His mercy.

"Faith that is firm is also patient."  (Isaiah 28: 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2