JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

If we ask anything according to his will, He hears us


"And we have this confidence in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, we know that what we have asked him for is ours."  (1 John 5: 14 - 15)

Father, what beautiful words of encouragement you have for me this morning.  If there is something I can say with certainty today, it is that I do not desire anything outside your will.  If I do, do not grant it.  I have come to learn and believe firmly that you know what is best for me.  Three of your greatest blessings to me today convinces of this truth.  I did not choose Casa, STM, SFJ by my own ingenuity.  Your loving providence guided me to these blessings. I did not choose to enjoy the blessings of Sunday because of my brilliance or goodness.  You gave it to me as a pure gift. Why then should I dishonor you by wanting anything outside your will?  Forbid that this will happen.

Father, you promise that since I do not know how to pray and what to pray for, your benevolent Spirit living in me will direct my heart and mind to pray in accordance to your will.  May this happen always and everywhere.  I ask for this in the name of your Son Jesus Christ.  Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2