JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, January 11, 2013

"I do will it. Be made clean."


"Now there was a man full of leprosy in one of the towns where he was; and when he saw Jesus, he fell prostrate, pleaded with him, and said, “Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean.”
Jesus stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, “I do will it. Be made clean.” And the leprosy left him immediately."  (Luke 5: 12 - 13)

This man was full of leprosy and Jesus touched him.  What can I learn from this?  Grant me the grace to extend my hand and touch all those you want me to touch.

The man said,  “Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean."  The man has heard about the miracles of Jesus and believed that Jesus could heal him.  Faith is to believe that God has the power to do whatever He wishes come what may.  This leper has this faith. He also understands that God will not do everything He can do.  His will is the best for us.  He prays and hopes that God's will for him will be healing.

Jesus utters the gracious words, 'It is my will that you be healed.'  Then He said, "Be made clean."  And the leprosy left the man immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2