JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Commandments of the Lord are true, all of them just.

"In those days:
God delivered all these commandments:"  (Exodus 20: 1 RM).

We shall deal today with the 2nd Commandment:

"You shall not invoke the name of the Lord, your God, in vain. For the Lord will not leave unpunished anyone who invokes his name in vain."  (Exodus 20: 7).

A quiet examination of conscience:
Have I used God’s name in vain:  lightly or carelessly?  Have I been angry with God?  Have I wished evil upon another person?  Have I insulted a sacred person or abused a sacred object?  Did I curse or swear? Have I used foul language or jokes?

"The law of the Lord is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
The decree of the Lord is trustworthy, giving wisdom to the simple."  (Psalm 19: 8).

"Blessed are they who have kept the word with a generous heart
and yield a harvest through perseverance."  (Cf Luke 8: 15).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2