JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Have you not seen that all you need has been provided by God's gracious Providence.

 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you." (John 15: 7).

Let us be honest.  Do you believe that if you ask for whatever you want, it will be given to you? If you do not believe this, you call Jesus a Liar.  A Liar with a big "L" since He is God.

The truth that God provides all our needs in a timely manner is an idea that is found throughout  sacred scripture.  Amazingly, this is also the constant teaching of the Church from time immemorial.  Yet, ask any man on the street whether he believes that God is supplying everything he needs in a timely manner and you may notice some doubts and hesitations.

God's gracious and loving providence is expressed in this line in a song used frequently by the Church:

"Have you not seen All you have needed has been met by His gracious ordaining?"

"Gracious ordaining" means of course God's providence.  The first time I became aware of this song in a worship service, I said to myself, "Wait a minute.  This isn't my experience."
I thought about it at the time and decided that this question like many questions about faith and religion is simply too mysterious.  I now realize that this attitude was an error born of unbelief.  What I should have done was to challenge God in prayer to show me how He met all my needs by His gracious ordaining.

But recently, as I read and reflect more on the subject of Prayer, I begin to get some insight.  The key to understanding the question is this important teaching of Jesus:

"What father among you would hand his son a snake when he asks for a fish?  Or hand him a scorpion when he asks for an egg?
If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?”  (Luke 11: 11 -13)

Yes indeed.  God provides all our necessities according to His gracious and loving Providence.  Trust that the Father knows exactly what you need and when you need it.

"By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples."  (John 15: 7).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2