JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, May 05, 2018

Love is patient and kind.

"This is my commandment: love one another as I love you."  (John 15: 12).

Still on the subject of love:
"Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God." (1 John 4: 7).

And again:
"In this is love: not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as expiation for our sins."  (1 John 4: 10).

St. John the Evangelist is our Catechist this Sunday. The dominant theme in the Second Reading and the Gospel for today is from the Apostle of Love, LOVE.  I am not sure I fully understand what Love is and how to do love until I go to St Paul to help me.  St Paul nails it down for me in a cut and dry manner:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, [love] is not pompous, it is not inflated,  it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,  it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."  (1 Corinthians 13: 4 - 7).

So Jesus is patient and kind to me. He is not rude to me and does not rejoice when I fail but jumps for joy when I succeed. Jesus believes in spite of my sins and faults that I will make it to Heaven.

This is how Jesus wants us to love one another.  I am beginning to understand.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2