JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Plentiful Harvest

Plentiful Harvest

“Have you caught anything, friends?’ And when they answered, ‘No’, he said, ‘Throw the net out to starboard’ and you’ll find something.’  So they dropped the net, and there were so many fish that they could not haul it in.  The disciple Jesus loved said to Peter, ‘It is the Lord.”  (John 21: 5 – 7)

Jesus knows where the harvest is plentiful.  He knows where to catch the big fish.  If only I can trust him, he would surely direct me as he did the disciples.  When he told them what to do, they did it.  “So they dropped the net.”  Jesus understands my present situation thoroughly.  I may compare the Enterprise to fishing.  If I depend on my own resources, I fail.  If I listen to Jesus and do what he tells me, I succeed.

Lord Jesus, I thank you for your word this morning.  I realize that without you, I can achieve nothing with the Enterprise.  What I seek to know is how to listen and understand what you are saying to me today.  I promise you Jesus, I will do whatever you tell me.  You speak to me through the scriptures.  I agree.  But how do I apply it to my needs?  Lord, teach me to listen to you and to understand you.  Grant me the courage to do whatever you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2