JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Do you still love me?

Do you still love me?

“After the meal Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these others do?’  He answered, ‘Yes Lord, you know I love you.” (John 21: 15)

During the trail of Jesus, Peter denied Christ three times.  Christ had predicted this sin and had said that he prayed for Peter so that he would recover and help his brothers.  I too believe that Christ prayed for me that after my fall I will rise again to serve him like Peter.  Paul fell and rose again by the grace of Jesus.  Augustine and Ignatius fell and rose to serve Christ well.  Today, aware of my situation and all that has happened as a result:  loss of faith, innocence, boldness and the consequent self-doubt, Jesus is asking me this morning: “Emmanuel son of Paul, do you love me more than these others do?  After all that happened, are you still enthusiastic about me?”  Yes, Lord, I love you.  I desire to love you above everything.  You know everything Lord.  If you find that I do not love you as I should, please make up what is lacking in my love.  

How can I prove my love for Jesus?  Today, and this day is very important, I surrender myself completely to you Jesus.  I try to do my job well.  I accept whatever happens to me today with patience and fortitude.  Help me Lord.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2