JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Excellent Designs of God

Excellent Designs of God

“God’s designs for me are excellent, trustworthy, long-planned and true.” (Isaiah 25:1)

God’s loving and powerful providence for my life are his excellent designs for me. How I wish I know this forty years ago! When I reflected on the above scripture in 1996, I wrote the following:

“I believe this scripture and I have been blessed by this word of God through peace and the acceptance of God’s disposal of events in my life. The promise of God’s plan for me does not exclude delays, obstacles and disappointments. Rather, these hurdles are in-built in God’s excellent designs for me. The children of Israel suffered delays, obstacles, disappointments and wars before they could take possession of the Promised Land. David waited for many years before he could become the promised king of Israel. During the years of waiting, he suffered obstacles, disappointments and wars.

The best things in my life came after much delays, obstacles and disappointments. I call to mind the following projects: Lond80, Kalamazoo87, QOP92, Enterprise96 and Casa03.

The delays, obstacles, disappointments are testing ground for my faith. They are temporary hurdles. As gold is purified by fire, so is our faith purified by the delays, obstacles and disappointments we meet in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2