JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, April 03, 2006

The Marks of the Cross

The Marks of the Cross

“Peace be with you,’ and showed them his hands and his side. The disciples were filled with joy when they saw the Lord, and he said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father sent me, so am I sending you.” (John 20:21)

Jesus says to me this morning, “Peace be with you.” Then he showed me his hands and his side. Thank you Lord Jesus for the gift of peace. I receive it with gratitude. But why are you showing me your hands and your side?” I listened. “I show you my hands and my side to make you realize that I am really the crucified one. I was dead but behold I am alive forever more. And I will always have the marks of the cross on me to remind you that victory came through the cross. You will also have your crosses but never forget my cross and victory. Let this be your strength and your consolation.”

So this is it, Lord Jesus. I am always to see the marks of the cross on you as a reminder that victory comes through the cross.

As the Father sent Jesus to bear witness to the truth so Jesus is sending me. Lord, grant me a deep understanding of the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2