JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Properous will you be

Prosperous will you be

“How blessed are all who fear Yahweh, who walk in his ways! Your own labors will yield you a living, happy and prosperous will you be.” (Psalm 128: 1 – 2)

When I reflected on the above scripture ten years ago, I was unemployed and unsalaried but considered myself employed in the vineyard of the Lord. I appropriated the blessings. I confided this in my journal below:

“I fear the Lord and I believe that I am walking in his ways. And God is saying to me now: my labors will yield me a living.

What are my labors today?

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and I consider my labors to be:

· Prayer of praise, petition and intercession.

· Study of the word of God.

· Study of tools, e.g. writing and the Internet.

· SAM volunteer work.

· Lector

· Apostolate of friendship.

God is saying to me right here and right now that these labors will yield me a living. He is also promising that I will be happy and prosperous. I am certainly very happy today but what does prosperity mean to me? It means the gift of simplicity and contentment. It means that my real needs will be provided for adequately. How has God been providing for me since the inception of the Enterprise?


Peace, happiness and confidence

Food

Medication

Shelter

Clothing

Mass

Word of God

Prayer time

Books

Computer and Internet

Sam


I am eating bread without money. (Isaiah 55: 1 – 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2