JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Answer to Prayers

Answer to Prayers

“Jesus answered them, ‘Have faith in God.  I assure you that whoever tells this hill to get up and throw itself in the sea and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.  For this reason, I tell you:  when you pray and ask for something, believe that you have received it, and you will be given whatever you ask for.”  (Mark 11:23)

For me, this is Christ’s greatest teaching on prayer.  Once again, we see the teaching re-affirmed that God answers prayer.  

What is my personal experience on prayer?  I depend on prayer for everything.  I depend on God’s light and guidance for every step everyday.   I pray for God’s peace, provision, protection, power, purpose and pardon.  If I enjoyed these favors yesterday as I did, it is a result of answered prayer.  If God does not answer prayer, why waste my time praying for these favors everyday for many years?

How about those times when a prayer  has apparently not been answered?  If a favor has not been granted at the time I wanted it, I keep asking for it.  If this “something” is for me, God will maintain the desire.  Every true desire is a prayer, says St. Augustine.  But if the  “something” is not for me, God will withdraw the desire.  God does not always let me know that a prayer has been answered at the time he grants the favor.  Sometimes a prayer is answered and it takes a while for me to realize that the favor has been granted.  When I become aware, I give thanks.

God himself affirms in scripture that he is a God who answers prayer.  It is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2