JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Scriptures Must be Fulfilled

Scriptures Must be Fulfilled

“Did you have to come with swords and clubs to capture me, as though I were an outlaw?  Day after day, I was with you teaching in the Temple, and you did not arrest me.  But the scriptures must come true.” (Mark 14: 48 – 49)

“But the scriptures must come true.”  God’s word is true and must be fulfilled.  Christ’s food is to do the will of his Father.  His Father’s will for his earthly life is spelt out in the scriptures.    Jesus delighted in the will of his Father and embraced his plan for his life.  He never opposed his Father’s will even when it is unfavorable to him.   His Father willed that he came into the world to save it through suffering and humiliation.  Since his Father is all powerful and all wise, his chosen method for saving the world is the best.

The Father also has a plan for my life.  That plan is good.  The Father’s plan for my life can also be found in the scriptures.  Lord Jesus, grant me deep faith and courage to embrace the Father’s plan for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2