JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Health for service

"And going into Peter's house Jesus found Peter's mother-in-law in bed and feverish. He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to serve him." (Matthew 9: 14 – 15)

Good health is one of God's great blessings in life. One blessing that I thank God for with regard to health is the healing of the fear of ill-health. There was a time in my life when I look at the future and wonder what sort of health misfortune might befall me. Then little by little, I came to understand that my good health today was not an accident but a purposeful gift of God. Whatever God gives, he can maintain. So I started praying for the grace to overcome fear of ill-health. It took a longtime for me to notice that I am free of self-imprisonment of unruly imagination with regard to health. God will always provide as much health as I need to do his work. This is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2