JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lent is a good time

"God of all compassion, Father of all goodness, to heal the wounds our sins and selfishness bring upon us, you bid us turn to fasting, prayer and sharing with our brothers. We acknowledge our sinfulness, our guilt is ever before us; when our weakness causes discouragement, let your compassion fill us with hope and lead us thru a Lent of repentance to the beauty of Easter Joy." (Mass Prayer in Lent)

The Church always sees God as Father of all goodness and God of compassion. Whenever I read of God's infinite mercy and goodness, it brings joy to my heart. At a time of great challenges, these perennial and healing truths are refuge and stronghold for me. Today is one such occasion. I am in great need to know intimately God's perfect love for me. Scripture says that "Perfect love drives out fear." I want God's perfect love for me to drive out the fear I feel on a project.

The above prayer promises that God heals the wounds that our sins and selfishness bring upon us by bidding us turn to fasting, prayer and sharing our resources with our brothers. Lent is a favorable time for doing this. During this holy period of self-denial, we are guaranteed that our prayers will be heard. Finally, we are told that God does not want us to be discouraged by our weaknesses. Lent is a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2