JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sweeter than honey

"Approach me, you who desire me and take your fill of my fruits, for memories of me are sweeter than honey, inheriting me is sweeter than the honey comb. They who eat me will hunger for more; they who drink me will thirst for more." (Sirach 24: 19-21)

Who is sweeter than honey and the honey comb? What do you eat and hunger for more? What do you drink and thirst for more?

Christian experience down the centuries could give one answer to the above questions: The Holy Spirit. Below are some of the reasons for this claim.

The 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit are: (CCC #1831)

 


 

  1. Wisdom
  2. Understanding
  3. Counsel
  4. Fortitude
  5. Knowledge
  6. Piety
  7. Fear of the Lord

 


 

What are the 12 fruits of the Holy Spirit? (CCC #1832)


 

  1. Charity
  2. Joy
  3. Peace
  4. Patience
  5. Kindness
  6. Goodness
  7. Generosity
  8. Gentleness
  9. Faithfulness
  10. Modesty
  11. Self-control
  12. Chastity


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2