JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Provide me only the food that I need

Every word of God is tested; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

6

Add nothing to his words, lest he reprove you, and you be exposed as a deceiver.

7

Two things I ask of you, deny them not to me before I die:

8

Put falsehood and lying far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches; (provide me only with the food I need;)

9

Lest, being full, I deny you, saying, "Who is the LORD?" Or, being in want, I steal, and profane the name of my God.


 

The above scripture was the first reading at Mass this morning. When I read it before Mass, my reaction was: Yes Lord, I agree with the ideas. Give me exactly my daily bread. Shelter me from all anxiety, all fears and doubts about your willingness and ability to provide me all that I need as and when I do.

At the 6.30 am Mass, our Deacon preached on this theme. He recalled how he experienced a power outage the evening before as he ate dinner. Confident in the automatic generator he has, he waited for it to kick into service in seconds. But nothing happened. He went to his garage and found that the battery of his generator was dead. Lesson? Trust in the Lord completely for all your needs. Be diligent to provide all that you can. God, who is the first cause of everything ultimately has the final say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2